Sunday, January 31, 2010

To Model or Not to Model


Here is my dilemia. I been doing a lot of reading on the best way to promote my items and shop. When I first wanted to do an online clothing line, I hired a photographer, asked to borrow friend's children and we went to parks and took pictures.



Beautiful, right? Well no sales were produced. So I focused my energy on research to see what I needed to do. I began to look at other sellers shops, check their photos, prices, etc to see where I could improve. I noticed that some had models and some didn't. Then I read on one of the forum that some buyers will assume that the garmet that is pictured is the one that is being sold and they don't want anything that is worn. I don't blame them. I'm not selling the dress pictured. All my items are custom made when ordered. Maybe I should mention that in my description. So I began to look at big online children clothes stores and some had models, but most didn't. So here is my question, well questions....should I use models?

                                
are not?

                            
Will that deter sales if I have models? If I don't use models, should I invest in a mannequin? Decisions, decisions. Just in case you couldn't tell, a professional took the pictures at top. I took the ones below. I know the picture are terrible. Baby steps, people. Baby steps.

I need your help. Please leave your opinion. Thanks for sharing.

  

2 comments:

  1. Personally, I think your clothes look MUCH nicer on models.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way clothes look on models. It gives customers an idea of how it will look on their child. However I understand the problems that go along with trying to find models and work with their schedule. I do have an adult mannequin and love it.

    ReplyDelete